Important Things to Know About
NORTH COLLEGE HILL ELEMENTARY
1. Adult supervision on the premises begins at 8:00 a.m. each school day. PLEASE DO NOT SEND STUDENTS TO SCHOOL BEFORE 8:00 A.M.
- Kindergarten students will enter their own classroom doors on the north side of the building at 8:00 a.m.
- Students in the first grade should line up outside of the hallway door closest to the playground. This is the door at the east end of the first grade hallway.
- Students in grades two through four should enter through gym doors and proceed directly to class using steps near cafeteria quietly.
- Any Middle and High School student dropping off kindergarten or first grade siblings should do so first, then proceed around the outside of the building to the gym to drop off siblings in second, third and fourth grades.
2. All students will be offered breakfast in their classrooms every morning between 8:10 a.m. and 8:25 a.m. Breakfast is not available to students if they arrive to school late.
3. School hours at NCHE are 8:25 a.m. until 2:55 p.m. Any student arriving after 8:25 a.m. is considered tardy and will not be fed breakfast.
4. You may leave a message concerning a student’s absence on the attendance line twenty four hours a day. You do not need to wait until school hours to report an absence. The telephone number for our attendance line is 728-4787 Ext 12001. Please send a note to school when your student returns to school explaining their absence.
5. Since NCHE is a mandatory uniform school, please make sure that your student wears correct uniform items every day.
6. Students being picked up by an adult and those with permission to walk home will exit outside door near playground at 2:55 p.m. Students who are car riders will exit building at 3:00 p.m. and wait in pickup zone in front of the building.
(IF A PARENT IS NOT IN A VEHICLE, THE STUDENT WILL BE CONSIDERED A WALKER)
Students waiting for a Middle or High School student will be walked to the gym at 3:05 p.m. Students are expected to sit in their classroom lines quietly. We have supervision in the gym until 3:30 p.m. each day.
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 3:30 P.M.
The school office is open from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.