Testing requirements for graduation in Ohio changed beginning with the class of 2018
Students must meet the requirements of one of three testing options (below) to earn their diploma:
- A sum total of 18 points earned from seven End of Course exams throughout high school: English I, English II, Algebra I, Geometry, Biology, U.S. History, American Government. A student can score a 1 (lowest), 2, 3 (proficient), 4 or 5 (advanced). 4 of the 18 points must come from combined math test scores, 4 points must come from combined English test scores and 6 points must come from combined science and social studies test scores.
- Non-remedial scores on the ACT: English -18, Reading -22, Math -22
- A state industry-recognized vocational credential and a readiness score on the employability WorkKeys test.
NATIONAL ACT (College Entrance Exam)
- Online registration and daily ACT preparation help ("ACT Question of the Day") is at http://www.act.org
- For fee waiver information, contact 11-12th grade counselor Bonnie Donofrio: email@example.com
- For enrollment in NCH semester course in ACT Prep, contact 11-12th grade counselor Bonnie Donofrio: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North College Hill is a national testing site in October and April each year.
- North College Hill High School Code: 361-055
NATIONAL TEST DATES
(students must individually register and pay or enter waiver)
Test Date: *October 27, 2018 - registration deadline is September 28, 2018
Test Date: December 8, 2018 - registration deadline is November 2, 2018
Test Date: February 9, 2019 - registration deadline is January 11, 2019
Test Date: *April 13, 2019 - registration deadline is March 8, 2019
Test Date: June 8, 2019 - registration deadline is May 3, 2019
Test Date: July 13, 2019 - registration deadline is June 14, 2019
*NCH is a national testing center for these dates
All Juniors in the state of Ohio will take the ACT on a day in February.
- The state pays the ACT Company testing fee of $67.00 for all students.
- NCH High School will take care of the registration process.
- Oaks students will test with their NCH classmates at the NCH High School on the state-designated testing date.
- A letter with explanatory details will be sent to all parents of Juniors as the date draws near.
ACT information, registration and plenty of free test prep (online interactive practice tests, mobile download, sample questions, full length tests, Question of the Day, etc.) are on the ACT website:
END OF COURSE STATE TESTS information and free test prep is on the Ohio Department of Education website:
WORKKEYS test information and free test prep is on both the Ohio Means Job website: