The North College Hill City School Board of Education is committed to providing students, staff, and visitors with a safe and healthy environment. As we continue to follow the guidance of the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to keep students back in school, in-person five days a week.
Starting August 2, 2021, face coverings must be worn by all students, staff and visitors when entering a school building and remain on while in the building for the 2021-2022 school year. Students will be provided opportunities by their teachers to remove face coverings, such as when outside for learning activities, recess, and lunch. Moreover, all students riding a school bus/van must be wearing a face covering when boarding the bus/van, riding the bus/van, and departing the bus/van.
Face coverings should:
● Fully cover the mouth, nose, and chin.
● Not create difficulty breathing while worn; and
● Hold secure through a tie, elastic, etc. to prevent slipping.
Face coverings shall not include masks designed to be worn for costume purposes, etc. All face coverings shall meet the requirements of the appropriate dress code policies and/or codes of conduct.
Exceptions to this face coverings policy may be made for the following:
● Children younger than 2 years old.
● Anyone who has trouble breathing.
● Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance.
● Facial coverings will significantly interfere with the learning process.
● Individuals who have received approval from District administration after discussing their request not to wear a face covering due to a physical, mental, or developmental health condition, if wearing a mask would lead to a medical emergency or would introduce significant safety concerns.
In this exception, the District administration may also discuss other possible accommodations for the student or staff member. Such discussion shall follow District policies and procedures under Section 504 and the ADA. Before any of the above exceptions are made, a request for such exception must be submitted in writing to the Superintendent, and a decision on the request will be provided in writing. An individual may be required to wear another face covering as appropriate for an accommodation of this face covering requirement.
When facial coverings are required, and no exception has been applied, students and/or staff who continue to violate this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the applicable Student Code of Conduct/Student Discipline Code, Staff Code of Conduct, and in accordance with policies of the Board.